What is potassium permanganate?
Potassium permanganate is a material in the form of fine purple crystalline pearls. This substance is odorless and water soluble. It is a chemical compound used in the chemical industry and is used as a powerful annealing and oxidizing agent.
Potassium permanganate is a mineral compound with the chemical formula KMnO4. Its salt consists of K + and MnO4 ions. Previously, they also referred to permanganate and potash. Permanganate is a very strong oxidizing agent. It is also soluble in water and produces a purple solution, leaving its evaporation of crystalline crystalline sparkles in a very dark purple. In this combination, manganese is present with an oxidation number of 7+.
Potassium permanganate is also known as potassium permanganate and permanganate. In appearance, the needle-shaped crystals are purple-gray in color, and when turned to be soluble, it is purple and purple in concentrations. Potassium permanganate is odorless and has a crystalline structure.
Applications of potassium permanganate:
Many uses of potassium permanganate are due to its oxidizing properties, as a strong oxidizing agent, and that it does not produce toxic sub-products. One of the uses of potassium permanganate is ethylene adsorption, which can be mentioned after harvesting of crops for prolongation of storage life.
1. Application in water purification and disinfection: Potassium permanganate is also used as an antiseptic and also for the removal of unpleasant odors. Potassium permanganate is used to eliminate a kind of parasitic disease in fish. In poultry farms, the combination of potassium permanganate and formalin is used to disinfect saloons. It is also used in purification of drinking water as a phosphorus eliminator.
2. Application in the cinema and television industries: In the cinema and television industries, potassium permanganate is one of the main chemicals used to age the collection of clothing and so on. The permanganate oxidizing properties make fabrics, ropes, woods and glasses more than 100 years older than what looks like.
This method has been used to make films like “Troy” and “Indiana Jones”.
3. Biomedical applications: As used by KMnO4 to disinfect water, this salt is also used as an antiseptic to treat certain human and animal diseases. In histology, it is used to bleach melanin to reveal melanin dark texture details. From P-magnesium potassium, other amyloid can also be used to differentiate AA amyloid. (Amyloids are a kind of proteins that cause amyloidosis if unobstructed) Potassium permanganate causes AA amyloid to not be stained with congo red color, while other amyloids are coated with red be. In a period of time, potassium permanganate was used to treat gonorrhea, and it is still used in the treatment of thrush.
4. Organic Chemistry Synthesis: The most important and major uses of potassium permanganate, its use as a reactant in the synthesis of some organic materials oxidation. For example, benzoalkyl compounds are oxidized to acids.
5. Industrial wastewater treatment: Due to the high oxidizing properties of potassium permanganate and its low cost, it is used in the treatment of industrial waste water.
6.Titration in chemistry: One of the common methods for determining the concentration of materials in the etiology or titration industry. Titration has several methods, such as complexation and oxidation. In oxidation metering, the reduction of one of the most commonly used permanganate reagents, which, due to its purple color, does not need to be detected. This compound is used for the liquefaction of oxygen compounds and iron (II) compounds.
Potassium permanganate stains on hands or clothing so it should be used with caution. The stain on the clothes made from this material can be cleaned with acetic acid or chloride acid and washed off with water. The stain on the skin disappears after 48 hours. Causes burns due to corrosivity in the skin and, if swallowed, can cause inflammation and damage to the stomach.
Zincteam trading group is ready to buy and sell potassium permanganate throughout the country. Click here to buy and sell potassium permanganate